Very pleased to be featured in this post from ‘Dancing with the Elephant’ on the use of neo-noir in Jackson’s work.
One of the most inspirational authors on Michael Jackson, academic Joseph Vogel sat down with The Journal of Michael Jackson Studies this week. Click to find out what he had to say about MJ, writing, and the future of MJ Studies.
This week I write about:
- The reveal of the cover for my academic book, The Dangerous Philosophies of Michael Jackson: His Music, His Persona, and His Artistic Afterlife.
- The theme for the Journal of Michael Jackson Academic Studies for 2016.
- Eric Dyson’s article on MJ and Postmodern Spirituality in Reflecting Black: African-American Cultural Criticism, 35-63.
- The latest episode of my podcast, Michael Jackson’s Dream Lives On: An Academic Conversation
2015 Recap: Past, Present and Future Book 1
In this episode we discuss:
- How the MJAS got started?
- How you can join us…
- The key academic articles and books of 2015 in MJ Studies.
- The first Academic Companion to Michael Jackson Studies.
- All our exciting plans for the new year.
- The first interview with me about my new book, The Dangerous Philosophies of Michael Jackson: His Music, His Persona, and His Artistic Afterlife.
Hello everyone and I hope you are all having a wonderful new year.
This is a quick post to let you know that the MJAS now has more features than ever before. We are so grateful to all our fabulous followers on Twitter and lovely likers on Facebook, as well as all our supporters at home and abroad for helping MJ’s dream of professional recognition to come true. In two days we will publish the new episode of our podcast, The Dance Lives On: An Academic Conversation and my new column, MJ Studies Today premieres on the 14th. In addition, we have an exclusive interview with a very special academic on the 21st, so make sure to Subscribe and keep in touch.