The journal I am editor for, The Michael Jackson Academic Studies Journal is seeking new work on its eponymous artist. We do hope you’ll join us in this ‘great adventure’.
The Michael Jackson Studies Academic Journal (MJAS) is a peer-reviewed online academic journal which aims to bring wider attention to Michael Jackson as artist, creating and implementing an academic model for the study of his multi-modal art.
This is an exciting opportunity for you to write for everyone. You retain your copyright and will be an academically published author in the world’s only academic journal on Michael Jackson’s art. You will also be in good company with a growing field of MJ Academics from around the world.
We are currently seeking academic Book Reviews for the following (specifically highlighting their usefulness for academics who are studying Jackson’s art):
- Greenburg, Zack O’Malley, Michael Jackson, Inc. (Atria, 2014)
- Kirkland, Douglas, Michael Jackson: The Making of ‘Thriller’: 4 Days/1983 (Filipacchi, 2010)
- Manning, Harriet J., Michael Jackson and the Blackface Mask (Ashgate, 2013)
- Smit, Christopher R. (ed.), Michael Jackson: Grasping the Spectacle (Ashgate, 2012)
- Stillwater, Willa, M Poetica: Michael Jackson’s Art of Connection and Defiance (Kindle, 2011, 2013)
- Swedien, Bruce, In the Studio with Michael Jackson (Hal Leonard, 2009)
- White, Armond, Keep Moving: The Michael Jackson Chronicles (Resistance Works, 2010)
- Woodward, Susan, Otherness and Power: Michael Jackson and His Media Critics(Blackmore, 2014)
- Mortilla, Syl, The First Book of Michael (Amazon, 2015)
- Please note that this book (White) is particularly difficult to get a hold of, keep working away and we’re sure you will find a copy of it.
We are also seeking academic essays on the following topics:
- MJ and Dance
- MJ and Renaissance Art
- The HIStory album
Any academic author can submit for online publication as long as their work is proofread andwell-referenced.
Each essay must include an ‘Abstract’ and a brief ‘Biography’.
Please see: http://bit.ly/1tqEC8r for examples of our style requirements and http://bit.ly/1jg8Zdg for a comprehensive reference list of academic sources, primary and secondary material. We are looking to take Journal Submissions on the following topics:
- African-American Heritage
- Art History
- Michael Jackson as Composer
- Michael Jackson as Persona
- Michael Jackson as Auteur
- Michael Jackson’s Legacy
- Michael Jackson and the Creative Process
- Michael Jackson and Fashion
- (1968-1978) – Jackson 5/Jacksons
- Off The Wall (1979)
- Thriller (1982)
- Bad (1987)
- Dangerous (1991)
- HIStory (1995)
- Blood on the Dance Floor (1997)
- Invincible (2001)
- Live Performance
- Moonwalk (Doubleday, 1988)
- Dancing the Dream (Doubleday, 1992)
- Earth Song
- Academic Reviews on Michael Jackson-related publications
The MJAS reserves the right not to publish any work that doesn’t fulfil our criteria.